January ALOFT Instructor Contest Rules
1. In order to be eligible for this competition, you must adhere to the following qualifications:
A. You cannot have taught for ALOFT since the last FLOAT Convention in January 2022. Anyone who has already taught for ALOFT since January 2022 is ineligible.
B. You must be able to prove that you are operating a legitimate business, either by producing a business license from your state or country, a business insurance policy or some other form of proof that you are legally allowed to operate your business where you live.
C. You are presenting ORIGINAL MATERIAL and not information you received in training from other classes or instructors.
This content is not something you offer as a regular part of your online business, training or coaching services, but rather something either completely unique or very rarely offered through your instruction offerings.
D. You MUST be available to instruct the virtual class LIVE to our attendees on Tuesday, January 30th, at 6:00 PM Eastern Time (3:00 PM Pacific). Pre-recorded content is not permitted.
2. Applicants will need to propose a 60-minute online class that will be presented virtually through Zoom Conferencing, followed by a question and answer session with the attendees. The class can be demonstration based or lecture style, recipe, technique or business oriented. But it should be in an aspect of the balloon world that you consider yourself an expert in.
3. While it is true that non-round modeling is used by many balloon professionals, potential entrants should note that the majority of our ALOFT members are decorators. Classes should be oriented towards decoration applications as opposed to entertainer ones.
4. If you are interested to see what has already been presented with ALOFT so as not to potentially duplicate what has already been offered, visit FLOATConvention.com/OrangeStore and review classes listed as either ALOFT or the FLOAT Foundation (as it was previously known as).
5. Applicants should understand that this class is intended as informational and educational, not as a glorified sales pitch for a product or service. While of course, you are welcome to include one or two casual connection comments regarding your good or service, this class should not be regarded as an infomercial for your particular brand.
6. Class notes for this virtual event are not required. However, you should send along as much content as you can to best present your idea for the class.
7. The deadline for submissions is January 20th, 2024. The winner will be notified by no later than January 22nd. Entries must be submitted to [email protected] by no later than 11:59 PM Pacific time on January 20, 2024. Please be sure to submit your documentation for operating a legal business when you submit your proposal for class.
8. The prize for this competition is one (1) free registration to FLOAT 2024 in March 2024. If you are already registered to attend FLOAT 2024 and you are selected as the winner, then you will be permitted to use the registration for the FLOAT 2026 event. You are not, however, allowed to use the credit for anyone other than yourself. Spouses, employees, family members and friends are not allowed to use the promotional prize, nor can you transfer it to anyone else, sell it or otherwise not use it as it’s intended.
9. It should also be noted that if you are selected as the winner, the registration to FLOAT will be the only compensation your receive. Exchanges for cash or other services or products will not be accepted. You should also understand that you will receive no additional commissions or compensation for any digital copies of the class purchased through the FLOAT Orange Store or through BalloonDVDs.com.
10. The prize of registration to FLOAT does not include travel expenses, hotel accommodations, optional upgrades and added value classes, food or any other aspect of attending the convention outside the cost of a general registration, currently valued between $649 and $699 (as the price for general registration increases on January 6, 2024)
11. By entering this contest, you are agreeing to perform and act on the terms discussed. If you are selected to be the instructor and you fail to uphold your end of the agreement, FLOAT production reserves the right to withdraw your prize, even upon completion of the class. Such examples of this include but are not limited to failing to present for the 60 minute minimum, overly marketing your brand, product or service to the point where it is considered distracting, using foul or unprofessional language, disparaging another company or brand in your class and more.
12. By entering this contest, you are allowing FLOAT, ALOFT and BalloonDVDs.com to use your likeness and involvement in this event for their marketing services as well as for commerce generation. There will be no added expectation of compensation for any such use of your likeness to promote any of the three brands listed above.
13. Please note that the selection process for this class is completely subjective and is contingent on many factors. However, no one who presents a class idea will be discriminated against for any reason, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual preference or brand affiliation. However, it should be noted that the decision of the judging panel for this contest is final.
14. Any questions should be directed to [email protected] before January 19th, 2024.